Monday 7 December 2009

Taking Time to Take a Look Around


The painting is officially complete and my termites (termitas) are officially on the run. Little turds are making these little mud tunnels in no time at all. They have rebuilt one that I destroyed on Friday and it was back again this morning (about 10 feet). This time I attacked them with some pesticide until the exterminator comes and inject the beams with poison.


The interior looks much better and I am pleased with the results. Because of the high humidity, it takes the paint a LONG time to dry. Since I can't seem to get my clothes dry, why would I expect the paint to dry quickly?


After 6 hours of painting and clean up, it was time for a swim. While floating around, I observed some busy workers poolside. An army of ants was taking advantage of the break in the rain to gather things together. It was fascinating to watch as some overcome by the size of the leaf they were carrying were help by other ants to navigate the bricks and mortar of the patio.  


The rain has started up again. Looks like a good night to read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment